Last Updated: January 21, 2020 – 12:25 AM EST
For information about choices we provide in connection with our information practices, please see the “Your Choices” section below. If you are a California resident, please see our “Information for California Residents” section below.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register for an account, update your profile, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your first and last name, title, email address, phone number, address, organization, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Online Services
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your use of our Services, including which features you interact with, subscriptions you purchase and the time and date of access. The usage information also includes metadata about the User Content you provide, including file sizes, length of videos, the number of people granted access, view counts, the number of active and archived interview files and similar usage data.
- Log Information: We collect server logs in connection with your use of our Services, which include IP address, the specific action taken through our Services, the date and time of the action, web browser type and language, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources. For instance, some users of our Services are administrators and provide information about other authorized users, including their name, title, organization, email and phone number.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide and improve our products and services;
- Process your transactions;
- Send you technical notices, account verification codes, and other support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Personalize our Services, including by providing content, advertisements or features we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services;
- Detect and prevent security incidents, fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, comply with our legal obligations, and protect the rights and property of VidaNyx and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We share information about you as follows:
- With service providers in connection with the services they perform for us, including payment processing, website hosting, customer relationship management, or email service.;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirement;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of VidaNyx or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- With our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
You may update the online account information you provide to us by logging into your online account.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Information for California Residents
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California residents and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name, contact information, and device identifiers), commercial information (such as subscriptions purchased), professional or employment-related information (such as company name and title), and internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing behavior). For more details about the personal information we collect, including the categories of sources, please see the “Collection of Information” section above.
We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “Use of Information” section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the “Sharing of Information” section above. We do not “sell” the personal information we collect (and will not sell it in the future without providing a right to opt out).
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California residents the right to request to know more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California residents may make a rights request by emailing us at email@example.com. While we may not meet the operational thresholds required to be subject to the CCPA, we will typically try to honor the rights requests we receive.